Hi — we're Lenore & Eric Gristwood.
Welcome to DesignersAbroad — our travel website featuring recommended routes and itineries, accommodation and wining and dining options.
Here are some of our latest posts:
Malaga/Seville/Jerez/Cadiz winter tour by rail 2016
Great times in these Andalusian cities in November/December
• Bilbao — on the beach at Gexto
Check out our map to get to the nearest beach to Bilbao from the Algorta Metro station in Gexto.
• Manchester & Salford – Map of Major Civic and Cultural institutions
Manchester has a rich architectural heritage, especially for buildings from the nineteenth century to the present day. This map and listing of major civic and cultural institutions shows their locations across both Manchester and Salford, indicating the significant new buildings and refurbishments commissioned during the last fifteen years.
Cross-city bus Route 38 was from Whitworth Park to Farnworth went past many featured buildings — alas no more — but still plenty of useful information.
See enlarged at http://lenoreandericstravelblog.blogspot.co.uk
• Malaga/Cordoba/Seville winter tour by rail 2015: a great time to visit the magnificient monuments of Andalucia.
•Porto City Break 2015: Our recent trip to Portugal's second city in June — a great city visit with the ocean on the doorstep.
• UK: Llŷn Accommodation, bars/cafes and restaurants: D Y L A N S Restaurant, Criccieth — opened on 15 May 2015 in the iconic modernist building on the beach designed by Clough Williams-Ellis.
• UK: Llŷn Itinerary: The Welsh National Sailing Academy and Event Centre [The Plas Heli centre] at Glan-y-Don, Pwllheli design by Ellis Williams Architects — an exciting curvaceous design featuring decks and wrap-around stone clad walls — visualisations courtesy of the architects.
• Tenerife Revisited 01/02 2015. Traditional food and elegant towns of the north of Tenerife — and a lot of bananas!
• Desert Southwest USA now complete with text, photographs and map. Visit our Blogspot post for a large format view of map: http://lenoreandericstravelblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/desert-southwest-usa-map.html
• Franschhoek Wine Valley map — visit our Blogspot post for a large format view: http://lenoreandericstravelblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/franschhoek-wine-valley-map.html
• La Rioja Region, northern Spain winery tour 2014 [Map now available — see post]
• Pwllheli, north Wales — new restaurants and Wetherspoon's pub — see Extras.
• Cape Winelands Update 2014: Franschhoek, Robertson, Hout Bay — new text and photographs.
• Alentejo, Lisbon and Western Algarve, Portugal: from Blogspot post in 2011.